Saturday, November 18, 2006



I had made a *promise* to myself that if I learnt how to blog and start posting entries into my blog, I will definitely talked about the anime which touched me and made me teared while I was viewing it last holidays- Fruits Basket. I enjoyed watching Japanese animes as I felt that they are actually talking about things that are close to us and revolve around our daily lives, for instance animes like Slam Dunk, Cardcaptor Sakura, Shaman King or even Inuyasha, it talked about the importance of friendship and teamwork. I have learnt alot of things from Fruits Basket and it helped me to learn to value kinship and friendship ties even more.

There is one scene in the whole show that deeply touches me and never fails to make me tear everytime whenever I watch it, despite me watching it over and over again (I think that its also because of the timely background music that drove me to tears too). This scene is showing about Momiji (the Rabbit of the Chinese zodiac) telling Tohru (the female lead character) about how his birth impacted his mother negatively and greatly. As a baby born with the curse of the Souma family, he would transform into a rabbit whenever a person of the opposite sex come into contact with him, including his mother. Momiji's mother was unable to come to terms with the fact and even refused him totally, not even wanting to look at him. Still, the fact tormented his mother and she became very hysterical. Her condition was so bad till it came to a point that young Momiji was told by his dad that his mother had to have him erased off from her memory totally so that she might get better again.

Momiji's dad (hugging and telling young Momiji): Momiji... Something really bad might happen to Mama... But if she forgets about Momiji, they said she might get better... This might be really painful for you, Momiji... But Papa will love you with all her share too... Momiji, if you love Mama... Won't you help Mama?

Doctor Hatori (speaking to Momiji's mother): Are you... Are you sure it'll be okay to forget about him? Wouldn't you... regret it?

Momiji's mother: The greatest regret of my life is the fact that "that creature" came out of my body!

All the while, young Momiji stood hidden by the doorway watching his mother, while he was being erased off from her memory...

Momiji: And then I was... erased from Mama's memory. Mama became healthier. A month later, she could even smile. Did I... Did I really help Mama?

Momiji (telling Tohru): Still this is what I think... I would rather live on, carrying the memory until the end. Because, even if it's a sad memory... Even if it's a memory that only hurts me... Even if it's a memory that I would rather forget... If I carry it until the end, without running away from it... Some day... Some day I may become myself who wouldn't lose to these memories... I believe it. Because... I want to believe in it... Because I want to believe... there is no such memory that you can just forget... So... The truth is, I didn't want Mama to forget about me... The truth is... But, this is just... my childish wish... it's a secret. (looking up at Tohru and placing his finger on his lips, trying hard to appear as if he isn't hurt or sad by the whole matter of his mother forgetting about him)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Besides... If you stay out this late, your mom will be worried." She forgot all about Momiji, who he was. In her memory, she only remembered that she had one and only child and daughter- Momo (Momiji's younger sister) and all her motherly love, care, gentleness, concern, warm smiles are showered on her precious girl... and even if she noticed and talked to him and was concerned about his safety, she did so as she thought that he was the "child" of "other" Souma people...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mama doesn't know me..." Momiji kept on watching her... from afar... so she wouldn't see him...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

No matter what memory it is...
I want to keep it in my heart, as I live on believing...
Because I want to believe... there is no such memory that you can just forget...
So that some day, some day I may become myself who wouldn't lose...
And then some day, I will even overcome it...
So it can be a precious memory...
I believe it...
Wif love from Momiji


The background song's lyrics:-

Although today is hard to bear
Some day it will be a tender memory
If I free everything in my heart
I will learn why I am here
I will know the joy to be born
Let's Stay Together
Always...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I really felt the utmost heartache for Momiji whenever I viewed this scene. It's very heart-aching for a young child like him to have been through the whole thing. Can you imagine that your mother forgetting you yet showing concern and treating you as the child of others? Can you imagine that for your mother's health and good being, you have to help her by letting her forget about your existance when deep down inside your heart, you are really wishing, hoping and praying for her not to forget you? Can you imagine that even when you want to see your mother, you will have to secretly hide and watch her from a far distance? Is the erasing of the memory fair to Momiji?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Each chinese zodiac character in the anime has their own stories and their own pains. If I have the time, I will also post entries of their individual stories up here and share my feelings and views. As I am born in the year of Rabbit and this is one of the many stories of the zodiac characters that made me teared alot and touched me deeply, I decided to start with it first. I shall stop here... do feel free to leave comments for me or tag me once I have my tagboard up ;p Ciao... ^(00)^







*[[SockS]]-*Faith*
When you come to the edge of all the light you have,
and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown,
*faith* is knowing one of two things will happen:
There will be something solid to stand on; or you will be taught how to fly =) ]]*



she pen down her thoughts @8:49 PM







PROFILE ♥




Name: Sock Ruan
Nickname: Socks/Sockie/Socky/Sharon
Afflitration: High Society Girls (Nicole Gems Prawn is my name for now =p)
Age: A woman's secret! =p
Egg Crack: 14 Aug's my b'dae and you better not forget =p
School: Currently an unofficial graduate early childhood educator of Ngee Ann Polytechnic =p

*Fortunate and blessed to be who I am
with loving and supporting family and friends with me
whenever and wherever I may be (^_^)*



MORE ABOUT HER ♥




~ Heart th' colour Yellow - very much, alot ^>^

~ Love watching Anime(s) - slam dunk. cardcaptor sakura. fruits basket. shaman king. inuyasha. recommend her more (;

~ Heart Music - any nice and pleasing songs that entice her sensorially

~ Love to sing and hum - 24/7,365 days ^_-

~ Heart Reading and Love her Book Collection - chinese novels (Xun Meng Yuan,Hua Yang). harry potter. lord of the rings. jodi picoult's books. mitch albom's books. and the list runs on... (;

~ Love watching anything and everything - from movies to TV (drama serials; reality shows) : Heart Korean drama serials very much (: followed by Japanese, Taiwanese and local ones (;

~ A LOUD person - think aloud. whisper loud. talk loud. scream/shout/rant out loud. cry out loud. laugh out loud =p

~ A perfectionist and temperamental person sometimes, but do <3 her and bear with her ;p



WISHLIST ♥




-> Family and Friends to be Healthy & Happy

-> To be a good mother/role model to my darling gal Janice, a good daughter/grand-daughter to my parents/grandparents, a good sister/role model to my bro and sis and a good teacher/role model of the children that I will be teaching in years to come =)

-> To further my studies in the field of Education - getting my degrees, masters, PhD (in Early Childhood) in the future =) / go into NIE to be trained to be a school teacher ^>^

-> To have alot yellow stuff =p

-> To have alot of cute & cuddly soft toys (;

-> To study well & get good grades

-> A new, unique yet beautiful yellowish and/or blue-ish blogskin of winnie the pooh which is specially designed for me =p

-> To lose some kilos...hehe (;

-> PSP (purple or pink) for darling Janice

-> another white bag which I heart ($39.90), and more bags =p

-> more footwear (;

-> more clothes ^_-

CHATBOX ♥







EXITS ♥




links here [:

Sis
Bro

Dee

Rene (New Blog)
Rene (Old Blog)

Ting Yi

Shron
Yvette (New Blog)
Yvette (Old blog)
Adaline
Farhana

credits ;D
sis
ripping is strictly DISALLOWED
copyrighted[c.]



MUSIC ♥





ARCHIVE ♥


November 2006
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008