Tuesday, March 11, 2008



(: am back from the job interview. Hmm... how did it go? Honestly, I'm not sure too =p but one thing to be sure, it sure is helpful to be prepared for an interview (;

For me, I prepared the necessary items that I think, or should be needed e.g. IC; transcipts; other relevant documents (indicating that I'm enrolled in Early Childhood Education, cos' I haven got my cert yet =/); resume

The resume came in handy while I was filling up the application form, as it covered my education + employment history/previous work experiences + references

As for the transcripts and other relevant documents, it is to prove that I'm really enrolled in the course, and that I have had did my course of study.


Hmm... reflecting back on my interview, I guessed I did pretty ok for it ? 0.o It is not a very demanding or scary interview. The centre manager just asked a little more about myself - what was early childhood education + teaching children to me; why did I choose to enrol in the course; my previous employment + practicum experience; & 2 scenario questions, to which I answered accordingly, to the best I could, or at least to me, I think I did =p


Qn 1: I'm taking the playgroup/pre- nursery class, and its a class of 10. While I'm teaching, 3 toddlers started fighting among themselves; and 1 cried. Out of the remaining 7, only 2 were sitting quieting; the other 5 were running about. What will I do?

To be honest, when the above question was popped, my brain did stop functioning for 5 sec =/ Yes, I went brain-dead for 5 sec =p However, I still told the supervisor honestly that I haven't been in touch with the young and little ones for quite some time already, since my year 1's attachment.

My answer to the above scenario : Stop teaching instantly, it is more important to 'get back' the children. Use a bell or anything that can catch the children's eyes and get back their attention. Thereafter, separate the 3 children who were fighting into 3 different groups - two groups of 3s, and one group of 4; and provide sufficient toys to each group to prevent further fights from breaking out. For each grouping, place children of similar temperaments together, also, to minimise the possibility of conflicts from occurring. Next, tend to the child who is crying; check if there's any bruises sustained. It is important to keep in mind that the target group is toddlers, and they aren't that competent at communicating nor comprehending yet. So, throughout the whole situation, teacher must bear in mind - use simple language; use words that the children can comprehend to convey message to the little ones (; i.e. play nicely with your friends


Qn 2 : Similarly, I'm taking the playgroup/pre- nursery class, and its a class of 10. A fight broke out between 2 toddlers one fine day. I knew about the matter; I knew about the fight; it is normal for a fight to break out between children, especially the younger ones. I attended to them, handled the issue, and the 2 toddlers went back home happily that day. However, a bruise shown up in one of the toddler's face after he went home (supposedly resulting from the fight 0.o), and the parents called the centre the following day to complain about the bruise the following day; and why wasn't they informed that their child got into a fight with another child.

Honestly speaking again, I went brain-dead, for a second time =/ I think my brain likes to go empty on me during critical moments like this =p For this question, I told the supervisor truthfully that I have had not much experience interacting with parents before. But still, my brain managed to squeeze out an answer with some substance for the question posed.

My answer : Although I have had not much experience interacting with parents before, however, recalling to what was taught to me in my course of study + my previous employment cum practicum experience, it is required of me, as the class teacher, to record incidents like the above in the child's communication book; as well as a big book of the centre's - fights, any injuries sustained, and the course of action taken by me with regards to the issue. Assuming that I was kept busy on that day and forgot to inform the parents of the fight that had broke out during pick-up time; and the bruise only appeared after the child got home; at least the incident is recorded in the child's communication book and the parents can refer to it and read it to understand what had happened, and what was done. Even so, after receiving the parents' complaint the following day, I, as the teacher, should appologise for my negligence; and explained the whole incident to the parent and what was done, again for a second time; and ensure the parents that I would take extra caution to minimise or avoid similar incidents from happening again.


Well, that's it, and that's how my interview went (; I did ok right =p although my answers were not the 'wow-wow' kind, but they're not that lousy too, right? =p Btw, I sort-of heart my answer to one of the random question posed (:


Why did I pick Early Childhood Education to study, of all courses offered, and being a 9-pointer.

The reason is simple - I love and enjoy working with children (; They're simple, yet interesting persons to be with. I don't teach, rather, I transfer my knowledge to the children; I bag lessons, and learn from them too. Believe it, children are very intelligent. They don't come to the school not knowing anything. Even babies, they come to the world with a set of knowledge - nobody taught babies the ability of sucking, the knowledge is innate in them; they're born with the knowledge and ability (: The little ones come to school, each carrying a different package of their knowledge, to share with us (: Letting them explore and make discoveries; even teachers, learn from them. Its true!! In the past, I always thought that heavy objects will always sink; and light objects will float. However, truth is, it is not always the case =p Don't believe me? Try it out yourself (; experiment with various fruits, as many as possible i.e. carrot; apple; guava; kiwi; dragonfruit; grape... you'll not believe what you see (;


A final word : Have fun experimenting... Ciao ^>^




*[[SockS]]-*Faith*
When you come to the edge of all the light you have,
and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown,
*faith* is knowing one of two things will happen:
There will be something solid to stand on; or you will be taught how to fly =) ]]*



she pen down her thoughts @4:28 PM







PROFILE ♥




Name: Sock Ruan
Nickname: Socks/Sockie/Socky/Sharon
Afflitration: High Society Girls (Nicole Gems Prawn is my name for now =p)
Age: A woman's secret! =p
Egg Crack: 14 Aug's my b'dae and you better not forget =p
School: Currently an unofficial graduate early childhood educator of Ngee Ann Polytechnic =p

*Fortunate and blessed to be who I am
with loving and supporting family and friends with me
whenever and wherever I may be (^_^)*



MORE ABOUT HER ♥




~ Heart th' colour Yellow - very much, alot ^>^

~ Love watching Anime(s) - slam dunk. cardcaptor sakura. fruits basket. shaman king. inuyasha. recommend her more (;

~ Heart Music - any nice and pleasing songs that entice her sensorially

~ Love to sing and hum - 24/7,365 days ^_-

~ Heart Reading and Love her Book Collection - chinese novels (Xun Meng Yuan,Hua Yang). harry potter. lord of the rings. jodi picoult's books. mitch albom's books. and the list runs on... (;

~ Love watching anything and everything - from movies to TV (drama serials; reality shows) : Heart Korean drama serials very much (: followed by Japanese, Taiwanese and local ones (;

~ A LOUD person - think aloud. whisper loud. talk loud. scream/shout/rant out loud. cry out loud. laugh out loud =p

~ A perfectionist and temperamental person sometimes, but do <3 her and bear with her ;p



WISHLIST ♥




-> Family and Friends to be Healthy & Happy

-> To be a good mother/role model to my darling gal Janice, a good daughter/grand-daughter to my parents/grandparents, a good sister/role model to my bro and sis and a good teacher/role model of the children that I will be teaching in years to come =)

-> To further my studies in the field of Education - getting my degrees, masters, PhD (in Early Childhood) in the future =) / go into NIE to be trained to be a school teacher ^>^

-> To have alot yellow stuff =p

-> To have alot of cute & cuddly soft toys (;

-> To study well & get good grades

-> A new, unique yet beautiful yellowish and/or blue-ish blogskin of winnie the pooh which is specially designed for me =p

-> To lose some kilos...hehe (;

-> PSP (purple or pink) for darling Janice

-> another white bag which I heart ($39.90), and more bags =p

-> more footwear (;

-> more clothes ^_-

CHATBOX ♥







EXITS ♥




links here [:

Sis
Bro

Dee

Rene (New Blog)
Rene (Old Blog)

Ting Yi

Shron
Yvette (New Blog)
Yvette (Old blog)
Adaline
Farhana

credits ;D
sis
ripping is strictly DISALLOWED
copyrighted[c.]



MUSIC ♥





ARCHIVE ♥


November 2006
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008