Friday, March 21, 2008
I've started working, or rather, teaching!! (: and lucky me, I've got a public holiday on the 3rd day of my work, a long weekend break for a start (; yupz... i can't come in and blog daily cos' I'm working now, but I *promise* I'll update this little space of mine as regularly as I can (:
YES!! you guessed it - I'm going to talk about my first 2 days of my work for this entry ^_- hmm... to be honest, for day #1, I returned home tired, shagged and depressed =/
I had doubts about myself, my abilities. I felt that I was not cut out to be a teacher. I felt that I was not prepared to be a full-time teacher. I felt that I lack the experience, the strategies, the management skills, etc etc etc. I was very disappointed in myself - I can't even manage a class of 18 on my own =S I'm the teacher - it is my responsibility to educate the little ones. I am and will be the one making a difference in their lives; moulding them to be better persons - the future pillar of our nation. I'm worried that I won't be able to carry off my duties and responsibilities well. Frankly speaking, I was thinking of giving up the job after day #1 =/ however, after a phone chat with darling dee, I decided to give myself another try at the job (:
what can I say about my day #2 at work? It's whole lots of fun, with my 2 classes of K1s ^_-
for day #2, I guessed I'm more at ease, with the children; the environment; the job itself; parents; and my co-working staff (:
I'm getting the hang of the job, the routine; and my co-working staff, the auntie & the clerk were there to help me. Of cos' I also did my "homework" too. I brought back home references on day #1 and looked through it, and was more prepared for lesson on day #2 (: everyone at the centre took really good care of me, cos' I'm the newest teacher, and also the youngest (; and I'm lovin' the children, very very much (:
my K1s are : sweet. cute. adorable. interesting. fun. dear. with a dose of mischief.
I enjoyed teaching & being with my K1s very very much (:
they warm my heart, bring laughters & smiles to my face & brighten up my entire day ^>^
I want to teach. and I love to teach (:
I guessed I had high expectations of myself, for day #1, and stressed myself too much. YES. That's Sock Ruan. That's me. I always aimed for perfection, that's why I'll get disappointed and depressed easily when things did not go according to the way I thought or planned =/
fortunately, I have 老师 who is taking the same children as I do for her lessons, and we live in the same area (;
I went home with 老师 consecutively after the 2 days of work. chatted with 老师. 老师 shared alot with me - in terms of planning, teaching, handling children & parents, adjusting myself slowly to the job and not giving myself too much unneccesary stress.
I listened to 老师. took a back stand. thought. and reflected. (: I learnt to give myself more breathing space. not to stress myself too much. to take things slowly, one at a time (;
不要操之过急
放慢步伐
给自己足够的时间和空间
享受其中的乐趣
唯有一步一脚印
才能走得远
^>^
我,知道了 (:
*[[SockS]]-*Faith*
When you come to the edge of all the light you have,
and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown,
*faith* is knowing one of two things will happen:
There will be something solid to stand on; or you will be taught how to fly =) ]]*
she pen down her thoughts @11:54 PM
PROFILE ♥

Name: Sock Ruan
Nickname: Socks/Sockie/Socky/Sharon
Afflitration: High Society Girls (Nicole Gems Prawn is my name for now =p)
Age: A woman's secret! =p
Egg Crack: 14 Aug's my b'dae and you better not forget =p
School: Currently an unofficial graduate early childhood educator of Ngee Ann Polytechnic =p
*Fortunate and blessed to be who I am
with loving and supporting family and friends with me
whenever and wherever I may be (^_^)*
MORE ABOUT HER ♥
~ Heart th' colour Yellow - very much, alot ^>^
~ Love watching Anime(s) - slam dunk. cardcaptor sakura. fruits basket. shaman king. inuyasha. recommend her more (;
~ Heart Music - any nice and pleasing songs that entice her sensorially
~ Love to sing and hum - 24/7,365 days ^_-
~ Heart Reading and Love her Book Collection - chinese novels (Xun Meng Yuan,Hua Yang). harry potter. lord of the rings. jodi picoult's books. mitch albom's books. and the list runs on... (;
~ Love watching anything and everything - from movies to TV (drama serials; reality shows) : Heart Korean drama serials very much (: followed by Japanese, Taiwanese and local ones (;
~ A LOUD person - think aloud. whisper loud. talk loud. scream/shout/rant out loud. cry out loud. laugh out loud =p
~ A perfectionist and temperamental person sometimes, but do <3 her and bear with her ;p
WISHLIST ♥
-> Family and Friends to be Healthy & Happy
-> To be a good mother/role model to my darling gal Janice, a good daughter/grand-daughter to my parents/grandparents, a good sister/role model to my bro and sis and a good teacher/role model of the children that I will be teaching in years to come =)
-> To further my studies in the field of Education - getting my degrees, masters, PhD (in Early Childhood) in the future =) / go into NIE to be trained to be a school teacher ^>^
-> To have alot yellow stuff =p
-> To have alot of cute & cuddly soft toys (;
-> To study well & get good grades
-> A new, unique yet beautiful yellowish and/or blue-ish blogskin of winnie the pooh which is specially designed for me =p
-> To lose some kilos...hehe (;
-> PSP (purple or pink) for darling Janice
-> another white bag which I heart ($39.90), and more bags =p
-> more footwear (;
-> more clothes ^_-